To establish and implement a National quality laboratory capable of performing water quality measurements, ecological quality assessments, heavy metal analyses and selected organic contaminant analyses.
The overall aim is to enable Myanmar to monitor the water quality and to interpret and use these data to properly manage the water resources. Rational water resources management decisions depend largely on the availability of good water resource data as well as capabilities in carrying out the required processing, analyses and assessment of water quality data. Water quality laboratories are essential cornerstones for any effective water quality surveillance program. Knowledge based decision making depend largely on the availability of good water resource data as well as capabilities in carrying out the required processing, analyses and assessment of water quality data.
- Construction of a new National lab at Forest Research Institute in Nay Pyi Taw which satisfies the requirements for operation of the lab instruments and the requirements related to the safety of human health.
- Installation of instruments for the analysis of ions and nutrients, and bacteria
- Acquire, install instruments and train personnel on instrumentation for analyses of heavy metal analyses
- Acquire, implement and train personnel on instrumentation for analyses of organic contaminants
- Implementation of lab quality assurance and quality control procedures
- To promote the National lab as a provider of water quality assessment services enabling an economically sustainable laboratory